Companies around the United States see the value in attending and presenting at events. Putting together creative and impactful trade show booths can do a lot to boost brand awareness. At least 51% of businesses that attend and put up exhibits report seeing a lot of value of the in-person meetings they have with customers, clients, and other prospects. Setting up an impactful booth takes more than just finding a good poster printing company. Here are some tips to make the most of your display booth.
- The best exhibits are interactive. Some companies rely on passive displays but they do not draw people in the way more interactive displays can. Putting up a video of your work or your product just does not have the impact of activities that invite people to do something. Putting on a game with prizes can get people more interested in what you are doing. If you are using information displayed on a screen, make it a touch screen and you have an interactive display that will bring more people to your booth.
- Make sure all of your messaging materials are placed at least three to four feet above the ground. This may mean you have to work with your poster printing company to get the right level. Make sure you place your logo around your display booth to push out your brand. You need to work with the poster printing company to keep your message simple and easy to read.
- Make good use of empty space. You do not want to pack your posters and other display items with too much text or images. It is hard to overstate the importance of empty space. It can be used to highlight or put emphasis on certain parts of your text. You also need to apply this rule to your booth. some businesses like to jam the area full of inventory and furniture. By keeping it simple and uncluttered, you can make it more inviting to passersby.
- Use quality images. When you are working on your poster printing, you have to make sure the images you use are of a really good quality. Make sure your poster printing company uses the right resolution for your images. If your images are pixelated, blurry or look stretched, the effect will be to make your company look unprofessional. If you work with a professional designer, you can avoid this.
- Make sure all of your messaging is consistent. When it comes to an effective marketing strategy, it is important to make sure everything works together. Your exhibit booth materials need to work well with your website, your social media post and channels, and everything else. Any materials that do not work with the rest of your marketing plan, actively hurt you.
- Do something unexpected with your exhibit booth. When you create something new and different for your booth, you can create buzz for your brand and get people talking about your business and what you do.
- Pick out the perfect color scheme. A color scheme that is pleasant and looks nice can help draw people in. You want the color on your booth to work with the colors on your logo. Using a good color scheme can draw people into your booth and start talking about your brand. Research shows that warm colors can engage an audience but look overbearing if they are used too much. Cooler colors project professionalism but are not all that great when it comes to getting attention. Work with a graphic designer on the colors for your booth.
- Get the best location. In real estate and trade shows, the rule of thumb is “location, location, location.” Try to book your exhibit booth early so that you can get the best spot. In addition to getting the right spot is not the only location you need to think about. The proper placement of the different elements of your booth is also crucial to its success.
Companies spend so much of their marketing budget on trade shows because they can do a lot to raise awareness of a brand. From getting the right banners and posters to making the experience more interactive, these tips can improve your trade show experience.